Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kristen Stewart stars in the Chanel Paris-Dallas' campaign


The wait is over, the images from the Chanel Paris-Dallas' campaign starring Kristen Stewart have been unveiled. Hot or not?
L'attesa è finita, le immagini della campagna di Chanel per la collezione Paris-Dallas con protagonista Kristen Stewart sono state presentate. Hot or not?



Last December when Chanel presented the metiers d'art collection in Dallas she was front rowing. On the same day kaiser Karl announced that the Bella Swan of Twilight would have been the face of the collection. I must admit that the news let me speachless. Karl's propension for "bad girls" is well documented (think Alice Dellal and Cara Delevigne) but I honestly thought that the choice of K-Stew was a bit too much. How can the girl who walks every red carpet wearing sneakers represent the grace of mademoiselle? In the beginning I was skeptical, today after seeing all the pictures I didn't change my mind.

She for sure is a perfect representation of the "americana" girl, but nothing says Chanel in those pictures. Compare how she wears the tulle starry gown, my favorite piece of the collection, with the way Johan Small presented it on the catwalk. There is an universe of difference. You've either got it, or you ain't. To me Kristen in this campaign is a NOT, what do you think?


Lo scorso dicembre quando Chanel ha presentato la collezione metiers d'art a Dallas lei era seduta in prima fila. Lo stesso giorno kaiser Karl ha annunciato che la Bella Swan di Twilight sarebbe stata la faccia della collezione. Devo ammettere che lì per lì la notizia mi ha spiazzato. La propensione di Karl per le "bad girls" non è un mistero (pensate a Alice Dellal e Cara Delevigne) ma onestamente scegliere K-Stew mi sembrava un po' esagerato. Come può rappresentare Chanel la ragazza che si presenta sui red carpet con le scarpe da ginnastica? Se all'inizio ero scettica, oggi sono convinta, per me Kristen come testimonial di Chanel non funziona proprio.

Sicuramente ha quel non so che di "americana" che incarna la collezione, ma per me non c'è nient'altro di più. Provate a comparare il modo in cui porta l'abito in tulle con le stelle, il mio pezzo preferito della collezione, con la maestria con cui Johann Small l'aveva vestito in passerella. Un universo di differenza. La classe non è acqua e per me questa campagna è decisamente un NOT, voi che ne dite?








  If you like my blog, follow me on Facebook, Bloglovin, Twitter. I love my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...