Friday, March 30, 2012

Interview with Lula, the digital fashion icon everyone would like to be


Think about Anna dello Russo's wardrobe, Kate Moss's personality, the sense of style of Karine Roitfeld and the rock flair of Emanuelle Alt. Now mix all, and you will have Lula, the first digital fashion icon.
Immaginatevi il guardaroba di Anna dello Russo, la personalità di Kate Moss, la sicurezza di Karine Roitfeld e il tocco rock di Emanuelle Alt. Ora mischiateli in un mix perfetto, quello che otterrete è Lula, la prima digital fashion icon.

She lives in her ow digital world, made of her own blog "the subject I know the best" (a real must read for every web fashionista) and the magazine HERSELF, of which she is editor in chief. A fashion icon, a stylist and a journalist who is charming the all digital world, with her unique style. If you have never had a look at her website yet, do it! I swear that you will be amazed by her style and "the subject I know the best" will be on the top of your daily reading list.

I met her at the office or HERSELF magazine, to discover what's hidden behind this amazing cartoon fashion icon:

Let's start with the name of your blog "the subject I know the best", what is it referred to?
"I always paint myself because I'm often alone and because I'm the subject I know best", a quote from my friend, the gorgeous and very iconic Frida Kahlo. We share a love for surrealistic taste and bold fashion, not to mention the tendency to draw ourselves....She'll be a one of the four Legends featured on the Issue II of HERSELF magazine, we had a great time in the making of it, her surreal taste and attitude is always very inspirational...

When did you have the idea of creating Lula?
I've always been Lula...

Lula's wardrobe is amazing, what's her favorite piece?
...I couldn't say...Though I'm not just about the next thing, I like to look back at pieces that meant something...like the blue feather Pucci dress I wore on the first issue of HERSELF magazine, the Alaia python sandals I wore many times or the Cartier Panther earrings...

And what's the piece she doesn't own but she wish she had?
That's the best thing of being Lula: whatever I want to wear, I can get it...

Lula lives in a digital world, but she decided to create a "real" paper magazine, HERSELF magazine. Where does this idea "outside the box" come from?
A magazine is a very classic and classy medium.  The thrill I feel before opening a new issue of any of my favourite publications is so intense that if anybody can feel the same for a second when holding HERSELF magazine I will have achieved my biggest dream: inspire!

We can have a piece of Lula's style in our wardrobe as well, as she designed a line of scarfs. Where can we buy them?
True, seven styles of them!
You can get them from here: http://herselfmagazine.com/shop/

I want to finish the interview with a little game, to discover a bit more about Lula's personality. What would be Lula if she was..

*a piece of cloth
I'd be a minidress

*a fashion show
I would like to be a Gianni Versace show from the '90

*a color
Fucsia

*a music genre
Hip hop pop

*a painter
I'd be Andy Warhol: he wasn't a painter as such but...

*a place
I'd be my website I guess.

*a movie star
Sophia Loren!!!

*a fashion icon (apart from herself, of course)
Cinderella, I love that loosing-the-little-shoe routine...


Lula made me so hapy deciding to create two images for this interview, her self portrait in Valentino and Lula & Frida at the HERSELF magazine. Her below you'll find the images and some other amazing creations taken from her website. Love



Vive in un mondo tutto suo, fatto delle sua pagina "the subject I know the best" (meta irrinunciabile per ogni web fashionista che si rispetti) e del magazine HERSELF, di cui è direttrice. Una fashion icon, ma anche una stylist e una giornalista, che sta incantando con il suo stile unico il mondo digitale. Se non avete mai data un'occhiata al suo sito, fatelo subito! Vi assicuro che rimarrete incantati dal suo stile e "the subject I know the best" diventerà una delle vostre letture preferite.

Ho incontrato Lula nell'ufficio di HERSELF magazine, per provare a scoprire cosa si nasconde dietro questa cartoon fashion icon:

Partiamo dal nome del tuo blog "the subject I know the best", a cosa si riferisce?

"Dipingo sempre me stessa perché sono spesso da sola e perché sono il soggetto che conosco meglio" è una citazione di una mia amica, la fantastic e iconica Frida Kahlo. Abbiamo in comune l'amore per il gusto surrealista e per la moda appariscente, per non parlare la nostra comune tendenza per gli autoritratti… Frida sarà una delle quattro Leggende presenti sul numero II di HERSELF magazine, ci siamo divertite tantissimo a prepararlo, il suo gusto e la sua attitudine surrealista sono sempre una grande ispirazione...

Quando e da dove nasce l' idea di creare Lula?

Sono sempre stata Lula…

Il guardaroba di Lula è invidiabile, qual è il suo pezzo preferito?

…Non saprei dire…Non sono una attenta alle ultimissime tendenze, ma mi piace guardare indietro a pezzi che ho amato e che significano qualcosa per me … come l'abito di piume blu di Pucci che ho indossato sul primo numero di HERSELF magazine, i sandali in pitone di Alaia che ho indossato un sacco di volte o gli orecchini pantera di Cartier…

E quello che vorrebbe avere ma ancora non ha?
Questa è la cosa migliore dell'essere Lula: qualsiasi cosa io voglia indossare, la posso avere…

Il mondo di Lula è tutto digitale, ha però deciso di creare una rivista in "carta e ossa", HERSELF magazine. Da dove nasce quest'idea fuori dai tuoi schemi?
Un magazine è un modo classico e di classe per comunicare. L'emozione che provo quando sfoglio il nuovo numero di una delle mie riviste preferite è fortissima. Se i lettori di HERSELF potessero provare la stessa emozione anche solo per un secondo, potrei dire di aver raggiunto il mio sogno più grande: riuscire a ispirare gli altri!

Anche noi possiamo avere un "pezzetto" di Lula nel nostro armadi, grazie alla tua linea di sciarpe. Dove possiamo acquistarle?
Vero, sette stili diversi!
Potete trovarli qui: http://herselfmagazine.com/shop/

Voglio finire l'intervista con un giochino, per scoprire un po' di più della tua personalità. Cosa sarebbe Lula se fosse...

* un capo d'abbigliamento
Sarebbe un minidress

* una sfilata di moda
Sarebbe una sfilata di Gianni Versace degli anni 90

* un colore
Il fucsia

* un genere musicale
Hip hop pop

* un pittore
Sarebbe Andy Warhol: non era un pittore nel senso stretto del termine ma...

* un posto
Sarebbe il mio sito, suppongo

* se fosse un'icona del cinema
Sophia Loren!!

* una fashion icon (esclusa se stessa, ovviamente)
Cenerentola, adoro la sua routine perdi-la-scarpetta

Lula mi ha reso felicissima decidendo di creare due immagini per questa intervista, un suo autoritratto in Valentino e un'immagine di Lula & Frida all' ufficio di HERSELF magazine. Qui di seguito trovate le due immagini e alcune altre meravigliose creazioni prese dal suo sito. Adoro









All the pictures via thesubjectiknowthebest

If you like my blog, follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter, I love my followers!

3 comments:

Ladies cowboy said...

I love the pink dress! It was indeed a nice creation.

El blog mery of the style said...

Guau, beautiful post, fantastic post...kiss.
http://mary1975.blogs.elle.es/

Dress Code: High Fashion said...

Congrats on making the Links a la Mode!

Have a nice weekend, Jenny

http://www.dresscodehighfashion.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...