Friday, May 18, 2012

Toast art


Piet Mondrian

When food becomes art.
Quando il cibo diventa arte.

Sometimes it's better to go to a bar, instead of going to a museum to see all together the works of Piet Mondrian, Giorgia O'Keefee, Jasper Johns, Christo, Mark Rothko and Jackson Pollock. In fact two American photographers, Tae Kitakata and Brittany Powell, decided to start a very original project, creating toasts inspired by art masterpieces.
So to reproduce a Rotko you just need two slices of cheese and Pollock's legendary splashes of colors, become splashes of ketchup. The art is served, bon apetit!


A volte per vedere insieme le opere di Piet Mondrian, Giorgia O'Keefee, Jasper Johns, Christo, Mark Rothko e Jackson Pollock non bisogna andare in un museo, ma al bar.
Due fotografe americane, Tae Kitakata e Brittany Powell, si sono infatti cimentate in un originalissimo progetto, quello di preparare toast ispirati a famose opere artistiche.
Così per creare un Rothko servono due fette di formaggio e i leggendari schizzi di vernice di Pollock si trasformano in schizzi di ketchup. Quando si dice…l'arte è servita!


Jackson Pollock


 Christa and Jeanne-Claude
Denat de Guillebon


Jasper Johnson
Target with Plasters Casts


Georgio O'Keefee
White flower on red earth


Mark Rothko
No.8
 
If you like my blog, follow me on Facebook, Bloglovin, Twitter. I love my followers!

1 comment:

HeatherJ said...

I like this. Lately I've been thinking I should work harder on my food presentation. Excellent ideas!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...